Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Establishment of Fund. The Recreation and Parks Animal Purchase and Exchange Fund is established as a category six fund to receive funds derived from the sale or exchange of animals at the San Francisco Zoological Gardens, said special fund to be known as the Animal Purchase and Exchange Fund.
(b) Use of Fund. Said special fund shall be used solely for expenses necessary for, and incidental to the purchase, sale or exchange of animals for the San Francisco Zoological Gardens, including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Administrative expenses other than the payment of salaries to City and County employees and officials;
(2) Freight or shipping charges;
(3) Insurance requirements;
(4) The purchase or construction of crates for transportation;
(5) Expenses incurred in obtaining any permits, including federal or state permits, or permits from foreign entities;
(6) Expenses arising when a quarantine of an animal is necessary; and
(7) The purchase price of animals.
(c) Exceptions to Fund Category. All expenditures in excess of $10,000 shall require approval of the Board of Supervisors.
(d) Administration of Fund. All expenditures and any remaining balances in the fund shall be reported to the Board of Supervisors each year concurrent with the submission of the budget.
(Added by Ord. 316-00, File No. 001911, App. 12/28/2000)