Skip to code content (skip section selection)
In order for a proposed project to receive a Conditional Use authorization for the provision of office space in landmark buildings in the PDR-1-D and PDR-1-G Districts:
(a) The applicant must submit a Historic Structures Report (HSR) to the Planning Department.
(1) The scope of the HSR will be developed in consultation with Planning Department Staff.
(2) The HSR must be prepared by a licensed historic architect who meets the Secretary of the Interior's Professional Qualification Standards.
(b) The Historic Preservation Commission shall review the HSR for the proposed project's ability to enhance the feasibility of preserving the building.
(c) The Historic Preservation Commission shall review the proposal, including any proposed work related to the change in use, for its compliance with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards (36 C.F.R. § 67.7 (2001)).
(d) The Planning Commission shall consider the following Conditional Use criteria, in addition to the criteria set forth in Section 303(c) and (d):
(1) The Historic Preservation Commission's assessment of the proposed project's ability to enhance the feasibility of preserving the building;
(2) The Historic Preservation Commission's assessment of the proposed project's compliance with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards;
(3) The economic need for the improvements relative to preservation of the building;
(4) The ability for the office tenants to be physically compatible with the PDR tenants;
(5) The relocation strategy for any displaced PDR tenants; and
(6) The impact of the proposed change on the surrounding community.
(e) Vertical Controls. Office Uses approved under this Section shall comply with the Vertical Controls for Office Uses in Section 803.9.
Section redesignated; section header amended; division (e) added; Ord. 188-15 , Eff. 12/4/2015.