Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) General. A special use district entitled the “Oceanview Large Residence Special Use District,” consisting of the area within a perimeter established by Interstate 280, Orizaba Avenue, Brotherhood Way, Junipero Serra Boulevard, Holloway Avenue, Ashton Avenue, Ocean Avenue, Geneva Avenue, and Interstate 280, which district includes RH-1 and RH-2 Use Districts, is hereby established for the purposes set forth in subsection (b). The boundaries of the Oceanview Large Residence Special Use District are designated on Sectional Map No. SU12 of the Zoning Map of the City and County of San Francisco.
(b) Purposes. To protect and enhance existing neighborhood character, encourage new infill housing at compatible densities and scale, and provide for thorough evaluation of proposed large-scale residences that could adversely impact the area and affordable housing opportunities, the controls stated in subsections (c)-(e) are imposed in the Oceanview Large Residence Special Use District.
(c) Controls. All applicable provisions of the Planning Code shall continue to apply in the Oceanview Large Residence Special Use District, except as otherwise provided in this Section 249.3.
(d) Conditional Use Authorizations. For all parcels zoned RH-1 or RH-2 within the Oceanview Large Residence Special Use District, the following developments shall require a Conditional Use authorization:
(1) Development or Expansion of Residential Property. Residential development on a vacant or developed parcel that will result in a dwelling unit with:
(A) five or more bedrooms; or
(B) the smallest unit in a multiple dwelling unit project, including projects with ADUs, being less than 33% of the size in floor area of the largest unit; or
(C) Floor Area Ratio exceeding the limits in Table 249.3.
* The Floor to Area Ratio is calculated without including the floor area of the ADU.
(e) In acting on any application for Conditional Use authorization within the Oceanview Large Residence Special Use District, the Planning Commission shall consider the Conditional Use authorization requirements set forth in subsection 303(c) of this Code and, in addition, shall consider whether facts are presented to establish, based on the record before the Commission, two or more of the following:
(1) The proposed project maximizes allowed density, including allowed ADUs;
(2) If the proposed project results in five or more bedrooms in any dwelling unit, no more than three full bathrooms per dwelling unit;
(3) The proposed project is compatible with surrounding development in terms of floor area, building scale, and form; or
(4) The proposed project does not add new off-street parking areas.
(f) This Section 249.3 shall apply to building permit applications received on or after the effective date of the ordinance, in Board of Supervisors File No. 180939, creating this Section.
(Added by Ord. 180-19, File No. 180939, App. 8/9/2019, Eff. 9/9/2019)