Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) All Districts that are provided for in Section 201 of this Code have a corresponding Zoning Control Table that details basic development standards and use controls. Zoning Control Tables for R, C, PDR, and M Districts are located in Article 2; Zoning Control tables for Neighborhood Commercial Districts are located in Article 7; Zoning Control tables for Chinatown and Mixed Use Districts are located in Article 8; and Zoning Control tables for Mission Bay Districts are located in Article 9. Zoning Control Tables are intended to be used in conjunction with other relevant sections of the Code. Descriptions for Zoning Control Tables in Articles 7, 8, and 9 are located in the corresponding Article. Each of the Zoning Control Tables contains a brief summary of, and reference guide to, the specific rules that appear elsewhere in this Planning Code. To the extent of any inconsistency between a Table and the relevant governing sections, the latter shall control.
(b) Zoning Control Tables in Article 2 are organized as follows:
(1) Building Standards: This section lists basic Code requirements that are specific to that particular Zoning District and apply to all buildings in that District regardless of the proposed use.
(2) Residential Standards and Uses: This section lists basic Code requirements for Residential uses, permitted residential uses, and permitted densities for the subject District.
(3) Non-Residential Standards and Uses: This section lists basic Code requirements for Non-Residential Uses and Non-residential use controls.
(c) The columns in the Zoning Control Tables in Article 2 are organized as follows:
(1) The first column in the Zoning Control Table, titled "Zoning Category," provides either the title of the listed requirement or the Use.
(2) The second column, titled "§ References," contains numbers of other sections in the Planning Code, and other City Codes, in which additional control provisions, including exceptions and definitions where pertinent, are contained. Any requirements in these sections pertinent to the zoning district shall be followed.
(3) In the third and subsequent columns, the controls applicable to the various Districts are indicated either directly, by reference to other Code Sections that contain the controls, or by indicating when a specific requirement is required.
The use or project is permitted as a principal use in this district.
The use or project is subject to approval by the Planning Commission as a conditional use in this district as provided in Section 303 of this Code.
A Mandatory Discretionary Review hearing before the Planning Commission is required before the Planning Department can approve the proposed use or project. Uses or projects subject to Mandatory Discretionary Review may be disapproved or modified by the Planning Commission.
This listing not applicable to this district.
NP or Blank Space:
The use or project is not permitted in this district.
First Story and below.
Third Story and above
(3) Reference shall also be made to the other Articles of this Code containing provisions relating to definitions, off-street parking and loading dimensions, areas and open spaces, nonconforming uses, height and bulk districts, signs, historic preservation, and other factors affecting the development and alteration of properties in these use Districts.
(4) Reference shall be made to Section 249.1 for provisions pertaining to uses in the Folsom and Main Residential/Commercial Special Use District.
Division (d) amended; Ord. 129-17, Eff. 7/30/2017.