Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Staffing Support. Subject to the fiscal and budgetary provisions of the Charter, the City shall provide staff to the Council ("Council Staff") for administrative, organizational, policy, and research support. Funding for Council Staff shall come from the General Fund; provided, however, that SFUSD, participating City departments, and members of the public may provide additional support and contributions.
(b) Staff Roles and Responsibilities. Subject to the direction of the Council, Council Staff shall:
(1) Provide administrative, organizational, policy, planning, and research support to the Council and its outcomes framework;
(2) Engage department heads from the City and SFUSD to coordinate the implementation of services;
(3) Provide support for the Council, including developing a joint data-sharing agreement between the City and SFUSD, monitoring the planning cycle, providing technical support, and developing policy briefs on key issues relevant to implementation of the Plan;
(4) Support the development of an inventory of all Citywide services for children and youth, including state and federally funded programs; and,
(5) Support the development of the Children and Families First Progress Report.
(c) Funding. It shall be the policy of the City to provide sufficient funding and administrative support for the Council and Council Staff to perform these functions. Funding for administrative support for the Council shall come from the General Fund; provided, however, that SFUSD, participating City departments, and members of the public may provide additional support and contributions.
(Added November 2014)