Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Planning Department Review. The Planning Department shall review a Preferred Location List to make the determination set forth in subsection (b) below. The Planning Department may also consult with other City departments during its review.
(b) Planning Department Determination.
(1) The Planning Department shall determine whether the installation of a Surface-Mounted Facility at any or all of the Preferred Locations will unreasonably affect the Aesthetic Character of the streetscape in the immediate vicinity of each of the Preferred Locations or if such installation will adversely affect pedestrian circulation or visibility, or, where applicable, will adversely affect a Historic Resource.
(2) The Planning Department's determination that the installation of a Surface-Mounted Facility at any or all of the Preferred Locations will not unreasonably affect the Aesthetic Character of the streetscape, adversely affect pedestrian circulation or visibility, or adversely affect a Historic Resource may include Conditions intended to minimize such effects including, but not limited to, a color for the Surface-Mounted Facility and any aesthetic changes to the Surface-Mounted Facility itself or to its installation.
(3) The Planning Department's determination may suggest changes to the Applicant's order of preference for the Preferred Locations.
(4) The Planning Department's determination may include a recommendation that the Applicant include additional locations for the proposed Surface-Mounted Facility in the Notice of Intent.
(5) The Planning Department's determination shall be in writing and shall set forth the reasons therefore. The Planning Department shall transmit its determination to the Department and the Applicant within 14 days of receipt of the Preferred Location List from the Department. With the concurrence of the Applicant, the Planning Department may extend this review period beyond 14 days.
(Added by Ord. 76-14 , File No. 140319, App. 5/28/2014, Eff. 6/27/2014)