Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) A person whose alarm license has been revoked or suspended may, at the discretion of the Tax Collector, have the alarm license reinstated if the person:
(1) In the case of revocation, submits a new application and pays a reinstatement fee equal to one-half of the license renewal fee;
(2) Pays, or otherwise resolves, all outstanding fees and penalties; and
(3) Submits a certification from an alarm installation company, stating that the alarm system has been inspected and repaired (if necessary) by the alarm installation company.
(b) In addition, the Tax Collector may require one or more of the following as a condition to reinstatement:
(1) Proof that an employee of the alarm installation company or monitoring company caused the false alarm;
(2) Upgrade the alarm control panel to meet SIA Control Panel Standard CP-01;
(3) A written statement from an independent inspector designated by the Tax Collector that the alarm has been inspected and is in good working order;
(4) Confirmation that all motion detectors are "dual technology" type;
(5) Confirmation that the alarm system requires two independent zones to trigger before transmitting an alarm signal to the monitoring company;
(6) Confirmation that the alarm system requires two independent detectors to trigger before transmitting an alarm signal to the monitoring company;
(7) Certification that the monitoring company will confirm the need for police response by a listening device;
(8) Certification that the monitoring company will confirm the need for police response by a camera device; or
(9) Certification that the monitoring company will confirm the need for police response by a person at the alarm site.
(Added by Ord. 154-02, File No. 021078, App. 7/12/2002; amended by Ord. 30-03, File No. 021995, App. 2/28/2003; Ord. 175-13 , File No. 130551, App. 8/2/2013, Eff. 9/1/2013)