Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Tax Collector shall have general responsibility for publicizing the existence and requirements of this Article.
(b) The Director of the Department of Emergency Management shall designate a manner, form and telephone numbers for the communication of alarm dispatch requests, and shall establish a procedure to accept cancellation of alarm dispatch requests. The Director shall establish a procedure to record information on alarm dispatch requests including, but not limited to, the information listed below.
(1) Identification of the license number for the alarm site;
(2) Identification of the alarm site;
(3) Date and time alarm dispatch request was received, including the name of the monitoring company and the monitoring operator name or number;
(4) Date and time of police officer arrival at the alarm site;
(5) Zone and zone description, if available;
(6) Name of alarm user's representative at alarm site, if any;
(7) Whether responding police officer was unable to locate the address of the alarm site; and
(8) Cause of alarm signal, if known.
(c) The Tax Collector shall establish a procedure for the notification to the alarm user of a false alarm. The notice shall include the following information:
(1) The date and time of Police Department response to the false alarm;
(2) The identification number of the responding police officer; and
(3) A statement urging the alarm user to ensure that the alarm system is properly operated, inspected, and serviced in order to avoid false alarms and resulting penalties.
(d) The Director of the Department of Emergency Management may require an alarm user to remove an alarm device that is a single action, non-recessed button, if a false alarm has occurred.
(e) The Tax Collector will provide a copy of this Article and/or an Article summary sheet to the alarm user upon request.
(Added by Ord. 154-02, File No. 021078, App. 7/12/2002; amended by Ord. 30-03, File No. 021995, App. 2/28/2003; Ord. 175-13 , File No. 130551, App. 8/2/2013, Eff. 9/1/2013)