Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Council shall report to the Board of Supervisors and Mayor by September 1st of each year regarding the state of the urban forest. The report shall contain a review the quality of urban forest stewardship and an assessment of how well public agencies and other urban forest managers are implementing the Urban Forest Plan. The report shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) Condition of the urban forest, species composition, and other tree stand characteristics;
(2) Summary of urban forest activities, such as total number of trees, number of trees removed, and number of trees planted on private lands and under the jurisdictions of public agencies and non-profit organizations.
(3) Analysis of the adherence to the Urban Forest Plan;
(4) Analysis of the adherence to the best management practices;
(5) The Council's public education and outreach projects;
(6) Notable achievements in urban forest;
(7) The status of funding for urban forest programs; and
(8) Proposals for tree care guidelines or changes to adopted tree care programs or plans.
(b) City agencies and any non-profit organizations that accept city funding shall report to the Council regarding the trees they manage, the extent to which their management plans correspond to the Urban Forest Plan, and implementation of the best management practices. The Council shall receive the report no later than June 30 of each year. Other public entities also are urged to submit reports to the Council regarding the trees they manage.
(c) City agencies that do not adhere to the policies, guidelines, or standards outlined in the Urban Forest Plan or best management practices shall explain their reasoning at a public hearing before the Council.
(d) Within ninety (90) days of the Council's establishment, the Council shall adopt procedures to address the public hearing process specified in Subsection (c) above.
(Added by Ord. 171-03, File No. 030422, App. 7/3/2003)
(Derivation Former Administrative Code Section 5.239)