Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) To improve management by individual property owners and those who provide tree services to property owners, the Council shall assist with education programs. The Council shall design education programs for the public and tree care professionals to inform and gain public support for urban forestry programs.
(b) The Council shall promote trees as essential infrastructure with inherent value to the City of San Francisco. As infrastructure, trees will require consideration when designing and engineering public and private development projects.
(c) The Council shall promote an understanding of San Francisco's urban forest as habitat for the wild animals that make up a significant part of San Francisco's natural heritage.
(d) The Council's outreach shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) Fostering an understanding of the value of trees;
(2) Promoting public understanding of City tree programs and laws;
(3) Working with the media to bring urban forest concerns and information to the public;
(4) Facilitating presentations, programs, and other outreach to property owners and the business and corporate community; and
(5) Promoting special events such as a citywide Arbor Day.
(Added by Ord. 171-03, File No. 030422, App. 7/3/2003)
(Derivation Former Administrative Code Section 5.235)