Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Board of Supervisors shall make efforts to provide adequate funding for the Department of the Environment's support of the Council.
(b) In the event funding is not allocated by the City and County of San Francisco for staffing the Council, the Council shall pursue funds for any shortfall in the necessary staffing and support activities and additional funds for any other project it deems necessary to implement this legislation.
(c) To ensure that adequate resources are available for tree management and that public funding is used wisely, the Council shall:
(1) Review urban forest program budget priorities and make recommendations about urban forest funding requirements to the Mayor, Board of Supervisors, and affected city departments and commissions;
(2) Investigate and pursue funding options for various urban forest activities;
(3) Assist agencies and organizations in securing funding for urban forest programs;
(4) Apply for and accept grants for public agency or privately sponsored urban forest programs pursuant to the procedures in the Administrative Code; and
(5) Determine whether there are opportunities to improve efficiency and eliminate possible redundancies among managing agencies through city-wide, coordination of tree operations.
(Added by Ord. 171-03, File No. 030422, App. 7/3/2003)
(Derivation Former Administrative Code Section 5.237)