Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) To apply for a permit to convert, an owner or operator of the hotel shall do the following:
(1) Any interested community organization and all permanent residents residing in said building at the time of an application for a permit to convert and thereafter shall be timely informed of all public hearings and administrative decisions concerning said conversion; said notice shall be posted by the owner or operator;
(2) A permanent resident has the right to occupy his/her residential unit for 60 calendar days from the issuance of the permit to convert;
(3) Owner or operator shall offer a permanent resident available comparable units in the building, or to any replacement housing provided pursuant to Subsection 41.13(a)(1) or (2);
(4) All displaced permanent residents are entitled to relocation assistance as provided for in subsection (b) below;
(5) Seven calendar days prior to the filing of an application for a permit to convert, the owner or operator shall notify, in writing, by personal service, or registered or certified mail, every permanent resident affected by the proposed conversion of his/her intent to convert designated units;
(6) The notification required by Subsection (5) above shall also inform the permanent residents of their rights under Subsections (1) through (4) above.
(b) Relocation Assistance.
(1) A permanent resident, who as a result of the conversion of his/her unit must relocate off site, shall be reimbursed the actual moving expenses not to exceed $300 or may consent to be moved by the owner or operator.
(3) A permanent resident displaced by partially completed conversion under the provisions of Section 41.7(c) shall be entitled to a displacement allowance of $1,000 per displaced person.
(Added by Ord. 121-90, App. 4/12/90)