Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person shall operate an ambulance or routine medical transport vehicle service upon the streets of City until, after application, the Director has issued a Certificate of Operation therefor.
(b) A Certificate issued pursuant to this Article shall set forth the commercial or public uses permitted and shall be valid until suspended or revoked. Said Certificate shall not be transferable, and shall be deemed revoked upon sale, transfer or assignment of the commercial use for which the Certificate was issued.
(c) A Certificate may be suspended or revoked for violations of this Article after a hearing by the Director. Upon suspension or revocation the offices for which the Certificate was issued shall be posted with the order of the Director. The Director shall remove a suspension upon determination that violations have been remedied and compliance with this Article thereby exists.
(d) All applications for a Certificate shall be filed upon forms provided by the Department. Said application shall be verified under oath and shall furnish the following information:
(1) The name, business and residence address and status of the applicant.
(2) The financial status of the applicant, including the amounts of all unpaid judgments against the applicant and the nature of the transaction or acts giving rise to said judgments.
(3) The experience of the applicant in the transportation and care of sick or injured persons.
(4) Any facts which the applicant believes tend to warrant the issuance of a Certificate.
(5) The actual or projected number of ambulances and/or routine medical transport vehicles, the model, make and year, condition and stretcher patient capacity of each ambulance or routine medical transport vehicle proposed to be operated by the applicant and a description and address of offices which are to serve as the base of operations.
(6) The color scheme to be used to designate the ambulance or ambulances and/or routine medical transport vehicle or vehicles of the applicant.
(7) Such further information as the Director may reasonably require.