Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Establishment and Purpose. The Board of Supervisors establishes the Municipal Green Building Task Force (the “Task Force”) to oversee and assist in enhancing the environmental performance of City construction projects pursuant to this Chapter. The Task Force shall review municipal construction projects subject to this Chapter during their design and construction to ensure that the responsible City departments are complying with the requirements of the Chapter, and may advise the Department of the Environment on matters of policy related to this Chapter. The Task Force shall facilitate interdepartmental communication and cooperation, and act as an educational forum to increase green building knowledge and share project-related successes and lessons learned. The Task Force shall hear Waiver Requests from City departments and make recommendations to the Director (or to the Executive Director of the Port of San Francisco for projects located on property owned or managed by the Port of San Francisco) with respect to such requests.
(b) The Task Force will consist of one member of the public appointed by the Mayor, and a representative with building design, construction and/or finance experience from each of the following City departments and divisions, or their successor agencies:
(1) Department of the Environment;
(2) Building Design and Construction Division within San Francisco Public Works;
(3) Design and Engineering Division within San Francisco Public Works;
(4) Landscape Architecture Division within San Francisco Public Works;
(5) San Francisco Public Works Buildings – Project Management;
(6) Power Enterprise within San Francisco Public Utilities Commission;
(7) Water Enterprise within San Francisco Public Utilities Commission;
(8) Wastewater Enterprise within San Francisco Public Utilities Commission;
(9) Infrastructure within San Francisco Public Utilities Commission;
(10) Project Management Division within Recreation and Parks Department;
(11) Capital Programs and Construction Division within San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency;
(12) Capital Planning Program within Office of City Administrator;
(13) Department of Building Inspection;
(14) Citywide Planning Division within Planning Department;
(15) Port of San Francisco;
(16) San Francisco International Airport;
(17) Facilities Division within San Francisco Public Library;
(18) Fire Department;
(19) Department of Public Health; and,
(20) Real Estate Division within Department of Administrative Services.
(c) The Task Force shall adopt bylaws to govern its operations. At least half the Task Force members and the public member shall hold the credential of LEED Accredited Professional with specialty.
(d) The Municipal Green Building Coordinator from Department of the Environment shall be a permanent member and act as chair of the Task Force.
(e) Beginning on the effective date of the ordinance adding this subsection (e) to Section 702, the public member of the Task Force appointed by the Mayor shall serve for a three-year term. No person may serve as the public member of the Task Force for more than two consecutive terms.