Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) This Chapter 63 shall apply to the following:
(1) Tier 1: All public agency, residential, and commercial rehabilitated landscape projects with a modified landscape area equal to or greater than 1,000 square feet and less than 2,500 square feet;
(2) Tier 2: All public agency, residential and commercial new construction landscape projects with a landscape area equal to or greater than 500 square feet; and landscape rehabilitation projects with a modified landscape area equal to or greater than 2,500 square feet;
(3) The irrigation and maintenance of any landscape irrigation system in the City and County of San Francisco.
(b) This Chapter 63 does not apply to:
(1) Registered local, State, or Federal historical sites where the landscape is maintained as part of the historical integrity of the site;
(2) Ecological restoration projects that do not require a permanent irrigation system; and
(3) Plant collections or animal habitat areas, as part of botanical gardens, zoological gardens, and arboretums, open to the public.
(c) The General Manager may waive some or all of the requirements of this Chapter 63 if, based on a site inspection, the General Manager determines that compliance is not feasible.
(d) A process for document submissions and approvals pursuant to Section 63.6.1 will be developed by the General Manager in conjunction with the Department of Building Inspection, with the purpose of administrative efficiency and effective customer service.
(Added by Ord. 301-10, File No. 101079, App. 12/3/2010; amended by Ord. 24-16, File No. 151251, App. 3/4/2016, Eff. 4/3/2016)