Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) It shall be a violation of this Article 16 for Cannabis Testing Facilities, Cannabis Distributors, and Delivery-Only Cannabis Retailers to permit a tour to be conducted on the Premises.
(b) Prior to January 1, 2019, it shall be a violation of this Article 16 for a Cannabis Manufacturing Facility, a Cannabis Cultivation Facility, or a Cannabis Microbusiness to permit a tour to be conducted on the Premises.
(c) For purposes of this Section 1621, a “tour” means an organized or prearranged visit by a member or members of the general public, or segment thereof, whether free or for charge, who wish to view the Premises, learn about its methods of operation, and/or gain insight into the Cannabis industry. A “tour” does not include visits by:
(1) Employees of the Cannabis Business;
(2) Employees of other Cannabis Businesses licensed by the State of California with which the Permittee is conducting business;
(3) Persons authorized to conduct inspections;
(4) Persons engaging in law enforcement activities;
(5) Persons providing incidental business services, such as repairs or, deliveries; or
(6) Persons affiliated with a government agency who have received approval from the Cannabis Business and the Office of Cannabis to conduct a tour of the Cannabis Business.
(d) Prior to January 1, 2019, the Director shall adopt rules and regulations governing tours of Cannabis Businesses. The Director is authorized to extend the prohibition on tours set forth in subsection (b) of this Section 1621, or authorize tours, subject to limitations he or she may adopt to protect the health and safety of employees, neighbors and Customers, prohibit access to Cannabis and Cannabis Products by underage persons, preserve the character of the surrounding neighborhood, and mitigate any potential noise and/or traffic congestion.
(Added by Ord. 230-17, File No. 171042, App. 12/6/2017, Eff. 1/5/2018)