Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Consumption of Cannabis and Cannabis Products is prohibited on the Premises of all Cannabis Manufacturing Facilities, Cannabis Cultivation Facilities, Cannabis Testing Facilities, Cannabis Distributors, and Delivery-Only Cannabis Retailers.
(b) The Consumption of Cannabis Products is not prohibited on the Premises of Medicinal Cannabis Retailers, Cannabis Retailers, and Cannabis Microbusiness, provided, however, that all of the following conditions are present:
(1) The Cannabis Business has received and maintained a valid Cannabis Consumption Permit from the Department of Public Health, as set forth in Article 8A of the Health Code, authorizing onsite Consumption of Cannabis Products;
(2) Access to the area where the Consumption of Cannabis Products is allowed is restricted to persons 21 years of age and older, or persons 18 years of age and older, if the Permitted Businesses is1 authorized to Sell Medicinal Cannabis and Medicinal Cannabis Products;
(3) Cannabis Consumption is not visible from any public place or nonage-restricted area; and
(4) Sale and Consumption of alcohol or Tobacco Products are not allowed on the Premises.
(c) All Cannabis Businesses shall:
(1) Post clear and prominent signs at each entrance to the Premises advising Customers that the Smoking of Cannabis is prohibited in public places, including on sidewalks and in the entryways of businesses;
(2) Post clear and prominent “No Smoking” signs in any area of the Premises where Smoking is prohibited;
(3) Post clear and prominent “No Consuming Cannabis” signs in any area of the Premises where the Consumption of Cannabis and Cannabis Products is prohibited; and
(4) Request that any person Smoking or Consuming Cannabis or Cannabis Products where Smoking or Consumption are prohibited refrain from Smoking and/or Consuming.
(Added by Ord. 230-17, File No. 171042, App. 12/6/2017, Eff. 1/5/2018)