Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) A property owner that grants a communications services provider access to its property to inspect the property may require the communications services provider to conform to such reasonable conditions as the property owner deems necessary to protect the safety, functioning, and appearance of the property and the convenience and well-being of the occupants during the inspection.
(b) A property owner that grants a communications services provider access to its property to install facilities and equipment on the property to be used to offer communications services to occupants may require the communications services provider, when installing, operating, maintaining, or removing its facilities and equipment from the property to:
(1) Conform to such reasonable conditions as the property owner deems necessary to protect the safety, functioning, and appearance of the property and the convenience and well-being of the occupants;
(2) Provide a certificate of insurance evidencing coverages generally required by the property owner for contractors performing comparable work at the property;
(3) Demonstrate that any contractors installing facilities and equipment on the property are licensed;
(4) Obtain any permits that might be required to install facilities and equipment on the property;
(5) Accept responsibility for the cost: (A) to install any electrical facilities needed to serve the facilities and equipment installed by the provider; and (B) of any electricity to be used by those facilities and equipment;
(6) Allow the property owner to inspect the communication services provider’s installation and construction of any facilities and equipment for compliance with the San Francisco Building Code and generally acceptable construction standards; and
(7) Remove its facilities and equipment and restore any area of the property occupied by the communications services provider to its prior condition when: (A) those facilities and equipment are no longer being used to provide communications services to any occupant; or (B) any access agreement between the property owner and the communication services provider has expired or been terminated.
(c) A property owner that has received an inspection request under Section 5204(a) of this Article 52 or an installation notice under Section 5205(b) of this Article shall notify the communications services provider in writing at least five days before the inspection or installation of any conditions authorized under subsections (a) or (b) that the communications services provider must comply with while inspecting the property or installing facilities or equipment on the property.
(Added by Ord. 250-16, File No. 161110, App. 12/22/2016, Eff. 1/21/2017)