Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(b) A communications services provider shall request in writing that the property owner allow it to inspect the property for the purpose of providing service. Such request shall be sent to the property owner by registered mail at least 14 days before the proposed date for the inspection. The request may be sent by electronic mail instead, but the 14-day period shall not commence until the communications services provider is able to confirm that the property owner actually received the electronic mail communication.
(c) A request for an inspection shall include, but need not be limited to, the following:
(1) A statement that the communications services provider: (A) is authorized to provide communications services in the City; (B) has received a request for service from one or more occupants; (C) when inspecting the property, will conform to such reasonable conditions as the property owner deems necessary to protect the safety, functioning, and appearance of the property and the convenience and well-being of the occupants; and (D) will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the property owner for any damage caused by the inspection.
(2) A description of: (A) the communications services to be offered to occupants; (B) the facilities and equipment the communications services provider anticipates installing on the property; (C) the square footage generally required for the provider’s facilities and equipment; and (D) the estimated electrical demand of the provider’s facilities and equipment.
(3) The date and time the communications services provider proposes to inspect the property.
(4) A statement that the property owner has until three days before the proposed inspection date to notify the communications services provider in writing either that:
(B) The property owner will allow the communications services provider to inspect the property. In this case, the property owner shall identify any reasonable conditions that the communications services provider must follow during the inspection in order to protect the safety, functioning, and appearance of the property and the convenience and well-being of the occupants.
(5) A reference to and a copy of this Article 52.
(Added by Ord. 250-16, File No. 161110, App. 12/22/2016, Eff. 1/21/2017)