Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Nothing in this Article 52 shall be construed to require a property owner to allow a communications services provider to access its property to inspect the property where the communications services provider has failed or refused to agree to the property owner’s request that the provider comply with any conditions on accessing the property contained in a notice pursuant to Section 5207 of this Article.
(b) Nothing in this Article 52 shall be construed to require a property owner to allow a communications services provider to access its property to install the facilities and equipment that are necessary to offer services to occupants where:
(1) The communications services provider is not authorized to provide communications services in the City;
(2) The communications services provider cannot verify that one or more occupants of the multiple occupancy building have made a request for services;
(3) The property owner can show that physical limitations at the property prohibit the communications services provider from installing the facilities and equipment in existing space that are necessary to provide communications services and/or from using existing wiring to provide such services;
(5) The communications services provider’s proposed installation of facilities and equipment in or on the property would: (A) have a significant, adverse effect on any historically or architecturally significant elements of the property; (B) disturb any existing asbestos or lead-paint in or on the property; (C) have a significant, adverse effect on the continued ability of existing communications services providers to provide services on the property; (D) cause undue damage to the property; or (E) impair the use of the property for the continued provision of any existing essential services; or
(6) The property owner and communications services provider have not reached an agreement concerning any just and reasonable compensation to the property owner for allowing the communications services provider to install, operate, and maintain facilities and equipment on its property as required by Section 5208 of this Article 52.
(Added by Ord. 250-16, File No. 161110, App. 12/22/2016, Eff. 1/21/2017)