Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Applicable Projects. The Central SoMa Community Services Facilities Fee is applicable to any development project in the Central SoMa Special Use District that:
(1) Is in any Central SoMa Fee Tier, pursuant to Section 423; and
(2) Includes new construction or an addition of space in excess of 800 gross square feet.
(b) Fee Calculation. For applicable projects, the Fee is as follows:
(1) For Residential uses, $1.30 per gross square foot of net additional gross square feet, net replacement of gross square feet from PDR uses, or net change of use of gross square feet from PDR uses.
(2) For Non-residential uses,
(A) $1.75 per gross square foot of net additional gross square feet, net replacement of gross square feet from PDR uses, or net change of use of gross square feet from PDR uses.
(B) $0.45 per gross square foot of net replacement of gross square feet from Residential uses or net change of use of gross square feet from Residential uses.
(c) Option for In-Kind Provision of Community Improvements and Fee Credits. Project sponsors may propose to directly provide community improvements to the City. In such a case, the City may enter into an In-Kind Improvements Agreement with the sponsor and issue a fee waiver for the Central SoMa Community Services Facilities Fee from the Planning Commission, subject to the following rules and requirements:
(1) Approval Criteria. The City shall not enter into an In-Kind Agreement unless the proposed in-kind improvements meet an identified community need as analyzed in the Central SoMa Community Improvements Program and substitute for improvements that could be provided by the Central SoMa Community Services Facilities Public Benefits Fund (as described in Section 432.4). The City may reject in-kind improvements if they are not consistent with the priorities identified in the Central SoMa Plan, by the Interagency Plan Implementation Committee (see Section 36 of the Administrative Code), the Eastern Neighborhoods Citizens Advisory Committee, or other prioritization processes related to Eastern Neighborhoods Citizens community improvements programming. No physical improvement or provision of space otherwise required by the Planning Code or any other City Code shall be eligible for consideration as part of this In-Kind Improvements Agreement.
(d) Timing of Fee Payments. The Fee shall be paid to DBI for deposit into the Central SoMa Community Services Facilities Fund at the time required by Section 402(d).
(e) Waiver or Reduction of Fees. Development projects may be eligible for a waiver or reduction of impact fees, pursuant to Section 406.
Division (d) amended; Ord. 63-20, Eff. 5/25/2020.