Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Prohibited Transactions.
(1) The City and County shall not purchase or obtain for any purpose any tropical hardwoods, tropical hardwood wood products, virgin redwood or virgin redwood wood products, wholesale or retail, in any form.
(b) Exceptions. This Section 803 shall not apply to:
(1) With respect to tropical hardwood and tropical hardwood wood products, any contract entered into prior to December 6, 1990; or
(2) With respect to virgin redwood and virgin redwood wood products, any contract entered into prior to September 1, 1997; or
(3) The purchase of any tropical hardwood or tropical hardwood product for which there is no acceptable non-tropical hardwood equivalent; or
(4) The purchase of any virgin redwood or virgin redwood wood product for which there is no acceptable non-virgin redwood equivalent; or
(5) Where the contracting officer finds that no person or entity doing business in the City and County is capable of providing acceptable non-tropical hardwood equivalents or non-virgin redwood equivalents, as the case may be, sufficient to meet the City's contract requirements; or
(6) Where the inclusion or application of such provisions will violate or be inconsistent with the terms or conditions of a grant, subvention or contract with an agency of the State of California or the United States or the instructions of an authorized representative of any such agency with respect to any such grant, subvention or contract.
(Added by Ord. 171-03, File No. 030422, App. 7/3/2003)
(Derivation Former Administrative Code Section 12I.4; added by Ord. 391-90, App. 12/6/90; amended by Ord. 409-97, App. 10/31/97; Ord. 38-01, File No. 010010, App. 3/16/2001)