Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Mayor shall be a voting member of the Council.
(b) The Mayor shall appoint the heads of the following City departments to serve by virtue of their offices as voting members of the Council:
(1) Children, Youth and Their Families;
(2) Public Health;
(3) General Services Agency;
(4) Human Services Agency;
(5) Juvenile Probation;
(6) Mayor's Office of Early Care and Education;
(7) Mayor's Office of Economic and Workforce Development;
(8) Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development;
(9) Municipal Transportation Authority;
(12) Public Library; and,
(13) Recreation and Parks.
If any of these departments or agencies are later eliminated or reorganized, the Mayor may appoint to the Council the head of a successor department or agency.
(Added by Ord. 58-15 , File No. 150222, App. 5/8/2015, Eff. 6/7/2015)