Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Arts Commission Administrative Costs. The Arts Commission shall be provided monies necessary to pay for the costs of implementing and administering the Fund. Any unexpended balances remaining in the administrative allocations set forth in this Section 68.8(a) shall be carried forward and accumulated for the purposes recited herein.
(b) Authority of the Arts Commission. The Arts Commission is hereby authorized to implement and administer the Fund programs, subject to the budget and fiscal provisions of the Charter. Such implementation and administration may include, but not be limited to, the following actions by the Arts Commission:
(1) Adoption of guidelines and regulations for implementation, review and expenditure of the Fund in each of the four programs;
(2) Appointment of review panels and establish qualifications for members of the review panels and procedures for the review panel to advise the Arts Commission on such expenditures;
(3) Determination of appropriate levels of funding each year for each of the Fund programs;
(4) Establishment of criteria and eligibility standards for applicants of Fund programs;
(5) Establishment of criteria for awarding, granting or lending monies from Fund programs; and,
(6) Execution of loan agreements, approved as to form by the City Attorney, made pursuant to Facilities Funds awards. The Arts Commission may employ one or more administrators of the Fund as necessary to administer and implement the Fund programs.
(c) Appeals Process. The Arts Commission may, at its discretion, establish an appeals process for any decisions regarding allocations of the fund.
(d) Annual Review. The Arts Commission may appoint an Advisory Committee to conduct an annual review of implementation of the Fund.
(Added by Ord. 354-93, App. 11/12/93; amended by Ord. 163-13, File No. 130538, App. 8/2/2013, Eff. 9/1/2013)