Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) There is hereby created a Department of Technology within the executive branch which shall consist of a Director and such officers and employees as are authorized pursuant to the budgetary and fiscal provisions of the Charter. The Director shall serve as appointing officer for the Department and as the Chief Information Officer for the City and County of San Francisco.
(b) The Department shall assume responsibility for:
(2) All functions previously performed by the Information Services Division of the Controller's Office.
(3) Enforcing the customer service and consumer protection standards contained in: (1) California Government code Sections 53055, 53055.1, 53055.2, and 53088.2; and (2) Title 47, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 76.309(c), or any other customer service standards pertaining to the provision of video service subsequently established by federal law or adopted by federal regulation.
(4) Overseeing the use and operation of the cable television public, educational and governmental access channels.
(5) Advising COIT as to compliance with adopted ICT policies, standards, and funding plans.
(6) Implementing the multi-year City ICT Plan.
(7) Providing staff support to the committee on Information Technology.
(8) Advising the Mayor, the Board of Supervisors, and the CIO regarding ICT for City residents and businesses.
(9) Installing, repairing, maintaining and inspecting ICT infrastructure to serve federal, state, and regional agencies, non-profit agencies, businesses, individuals, and telecommunications and information service providers, provided that the entity to be served pays for the department's costs of providing such services, and further provided that providing such services would not interfere with the operations of the department or impair services to City departments.
(10) Developing and encouraging a world wide web-based City government and facilitate the dissemination of information onto the web.
(11) Evaluating and streamlining City business practices for the enhanced utilization of technology.
(12) Providing assistance, advice, and expertise in connection with business relationships between City agencies and private sector providers of ICT resources. Such assistance shall include efforts that strengthen and create efficiencies in those business relationships.
(13) All additional functions assigned by the Mayor pursuant to Section 4.132 of the Charter.
(Added by Ord. 169-10, File No. 100095, App. 7/23/2010)