Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) This Code is enacted to establish procedures and requirements for the control and approval of subdivision development within the Candlestick Point/Hunters Point Shipyard Subdivision Area of the City and County of San Francisco in accordance with SMA and the Plans and Plan Documents.
(b) This Code is enacted to accomplish the following purposes in accordance with the procedures and requirements for the control and approval of development of the Subdivision Area as set forth in the Plans and Plan Documents:
(1) To provide policies, standards, requirements, and procedures to regulate and control the design and improvement of all subdivisions within the Candlestick Point/Hunters Point Shipyard Subdivision Area, and to ensure that all subdivisions are built to City standards consistent with the Plans and Plan Documents;
(2) To assist in implementing the objectives, policies, and programs of the General Plan by ensuring that all proposed subdivisions, together with the provisions for their design and improvement, are consistent with the General Plan of the City;
(3) To preserve and protect, to the maximum extent possible, the unique and valuable natural resources and amenities of the City's environment, including topographic and geologic features, open space lands, waterfront recreational areas, fish and wildlife habitats, historical and cultural places, and scenic vistas and attractions; and, to maximize the public's access to and enjoyment of such resources and amenities through the dedication or continuance of applicable easements thereto;
(4) To relate land use intensity and population density to existing development, street capacity and traffic access, the slope of the natural terrain, and the availability of public facilities and utilities and open space;
(5) To provide lots of sufficient size and appropriate design for the purposes for which they are to be used;
(6) To provide streets of adequate capacity and design for anticipated uses and to ensure maximum safety for pedestrians and vehicles;
(7) To ensure adequate access to each building parcel;
(8) To provide sidewalks, and where needed, pedestrian ways, biking paths, and jogging trails for the safety, convenience, and enjoyment of the residents of new developments;
(9) To provide adequate systems of water supply, sanitary sewage disposal, storm drainage, street lighting, Transportation Infrastructure, and other utilities needed for the public health, safety and convenience;
(10) To provide adequate sites for public facilities needed to serve the residents of new developments;
(11) To ensure that land is subdivided in a manner that will promote the public health, safety, convenience, and general welfare in conformance with the General Plan, the Hunters Point Shipyard Redevelopment Plan, and the Bayview Hunters Point Redevelopment Plan.
(Added by Ord. 304-04, File No. 041544, App. 12/24/2004; Ord. 209-10, File No. 100661, App. 8/3/2010)