Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Tentative Map shall be prepared by a qualified and duly licensed professional land surveyor or civil engineer.
(b) The Tentative Map shall contain the following data, as appropriate, in sufficient detail to enable the Director and other agencies to evaluate the proposed subdivision:
(1) Title, as required by the Subdivision Regulations;
(2) Explanatory notes, as required by this Code and the Subdivision Regulations; and
(3) Topographic map of the proposed subdivision and adjacent lands showing the existing conditions and the proposed changes, as required by the Subdivision Regulations.
(c) The Tentative Map shall conform to the Subdivision Regulations regarding format and contents. The Director may, for Transfer Maps and where otherwise appropriate in accordance with the Subdivision Regulations, defer Tentative Map requirements or may authorize deletion or reduction of any Tentative Map requirements not required by the SMA on the determination that the Tentative Map contains sufficient information to be evaluated adequately and preparing it in the prescribed form would impose a hardship upon the subdivider. Where requirements are deferred, appropriate conditions may be included on the Tentative Map for providing such deferred requirements.
(d) The Tentative Map shall be accompanied by the following documents, as provided in the Subdivision Regulations:
(1) Statement. A written statement shall contain the following information:
(i) Existing use or uses of the property, including whether or not there are existing tenancies and the conditions and terms thereof;
(ii) Description of the proposed subdivision, including, if known, the number of lots or units, their sizes and intended uses, nature of the development, and the total area of the development represented by each use;
(iii) Any improvements proposed to be constructed or installed including the source of water supply and the sewage disposal proposed, and the tentative schedule for the start and completion thereof;
(iv) Whether the subdivider intends to file a Final Map or a Parcel Map;
(v) Description of variances and exceptions that are requested; and
(vi) If the subdivider plans to file multiple Final Maps on portions of the area covered by the Tentative Map, the subdivider shall submit a written notice to this effect.
(2) Environmental Evaluation Data. Data shall be supplied on the appropriate Planning Department forms for an environmental evaluation or in appropriate format when necessary to satisfy requirements for environmental review under the California Environmental Quality Act.
(Added by Ord. 329-98, App. 10/30/98)