Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person shall assemble, disassemble, sell, offer to sell, distribute, offer to distribute, or store the following items on any street, sidewalk, public passageway, or other public right-of-way:
(1) five or more bicycles;
(2) a bicycle frame with the gear cables or brake cables cut;
(3) three or more bicycles with missing parts (the term “parts” shall mean handlebars, wheels, forks, pedals, cranks, seats, or chain(s);
(4) five or more bicycle parts;
(b) This prohibition shall not apply in any of the following situations:
(1) The person is operating under a valid business license or permit.
(2) The owner of a bicycle or bicycle part is present during the repair of his or her single bicycle or bicycle part.
(3) The items are being used in connection with an event held by an organization with tax exempt status under 26 United States Code Section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4).
(Added by Ord. 203-17, File No. 170209, App. 10/27/2017, Eff. 11/26/2017)