Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Enforcement Actions; Penalties. If any person has occupied a People Place in the Public Right-of-Way in violation of any Permit conditions, operating requirements, and regulations applicable to the People Place, the Director of Public Works, or a designee or agent acting on the Director’s behalf, may take any action authorized by this Code that is considered necessary to abate or correct the violation. The Director is expressly authorized to:
(1) Modify the People Place Permit, withdraw the Director’s approval of the Permit, or request revocation of the Permit by the Core City Agencies pursuant to Section 94A.6(i) of this Chapter;
(2) Issue a criminal citation pursuant to the provisions of Section 792(e)(1)(A) of this Code that is applicable to Street Plazas;
(3) Issue an administrative citation and assess the administrative penalties authorized by Section 792(e)(1)(B) of this Code for Street Plazas;
(4) Call upon other City officials to assist in the enforcement of this Article 15, including but not limited to the Chief of Police and the City Attorney; and
(5) Take any other enforcement action authorized by this Code that is applicable to occupancy of the public right-of-way.
(b) Rules and Regulations; Director’s Orders. The Director may adopt such orders, rules, policies, procedures, regulations, rules, or standards as the Director considers appropriate in order to:
(2) abate a violation of the terms and conditions of a Sidewalk, Curbside, or Roadway Place Permit or other requirements of Administrative Code Chapter 94A that are within the jurisdiction of the Director; and
(3) identify specific violations that would be subject to the criminal citation penalty authorized in subsection (a)(2) above.
(c) Public Hearing. In taking any of the above actions, the Director of Public Works may hold a public hearing on the Steward’s conduct. If a public hearing is held, the Director shall follow either the notice and hearing procedures for Street Encroachment Permits set forth in Section 786et seq. of this Code or a codified notice and hearing procedure that is more applicable to a People for Places1 Permit.
(Added by Ord. 224-16, File No. 160893, App. 11/22/2016, Eff. 12/22/2016)
1. So in Ord. 224-16.