Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) At the conclusion of the hearing, the hearing officer may issue an order abating the public nuisance by requiring that the work be done and assessing costs against the property for abating the nuisance ("Director's Order").
(b) The Director's Order shall set forth the following:
(1) The street address of the property where the Director has ordered the public nuisance to be abated sufficient for identification.
(2) A statement of the work required to be done to abate the public nuisance.
(3) A statement that the property owner has 30 days from the date of the Director's Order to abate the public nuisance by completing the required work.
(4) The date and time on which the Department will enter the property to do the work required to abate the public nuisance.
(5) A statement of the costs to be assessed against the property to abate the public nuisance, including the costs incurred to date and any additional costs to be incurred if the required work is not done by the date ordered by the Director.
(6) A statement that the property may be sold by the Tax Collector after three years for unpaid delinquent assessments.
(c) Upon written application of the property owner showing a reasonable cause for any delay, the Director may grant a reasonable extension of time not to exceed 30 days within which the work required to abate the public nuisance must be completed.
(Added by Ord. 139-72, App. 5/26/72; Ord. 140-07, File No. 070621, App. 6/22/2007)