Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Prohibited Activity. It shall be unlawful for any person to do any of the following acts as a result of the fact, in whole or in part, that a person has AIDS or any of the associated conditions covered by this Article:
(1) To interrupt, terminate, or fail or refuse to initiate or conduct any transaction in real property, including but not limited to the rental thereof; to require different terms for such transaction; or falsely to represent that an interest in real property is not available for transaction;
(2) To include in the terms or conditions of a transaction in real property and clause, condition or restriction;
(3) To refuse to lend money, guarantee the loan of money, accept a deed of trust or mortgage, or otherwise refuse to make available funds for the purchase, acquisition, construction, alteration, rehabilitation, repair or maintenance of real property; or impose different conditions on such financing; or refuse to provide title or other insurance relating to the ownership or use of any interest in real property;
(4) To refuse or restrict facilities, services, repairs or improvements for any tenant or lessee;
(5) To make, print, publish, advertise or disseminate in any way, or cause to be made, printed or published, advertised or disseminated in any way, any notice, statement or advertisement with respect to a transaction or proposed transaction in real property, or with respect to financing related to any such transaction, which unlawfully indicates preference, limitation or discrimination based on AIDS.
(1) Nothing in this Article shall be deemed to permit any rental or occupancy of any dwelling unit or commercial space otherwise prohibited by law.
(2) Nothing in this Section shall be construed to prohibit any act specifically authorized by the laws of the State of California or any actions taken by or under the direction of the San Francisco Department of Public Health in order to protect the public health.
(Added by Ord. 499-85, App. 11/20/85)