Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Within one year from March 22, 2015, the Planning Department shall provide an informational presentation to the Planning Commission, and any other City agency at their request, presenting an overview of all projects that request or receive development bonuses under the HOME-SF Program, the 100 Percent Affordable Housing Bonus Program and the Analyzed and Individually Requested State Density Bonus Program (“the Bonus Programs”).
(b) Annual Reporting. The Planning Department, in coordination with MOHCD, shall include information on projects which request and receive development bonuses under the Bonus Programs, in the Housing Inventory Report.
(c) Report Contents. The Housing Inventory shall include, but not be limited to, information on the:
(1) number of projects utilizing the Bonus Programs;
(2) number of units approved and constructed under the Bonus Programs and the AMI levels of such units;
(3) number of additional affordable units in excess of that otherwise required by Section 415;
(4) geographic distribution of projects, including the total number of units in each project, utilizing the Bonus Programs;
(5) number of larger unit types, including the number of 3-bedroom units;
(6) square feet of units by bedroom count;
(7) number of projects with nine or fewer units that participate; and
(8) Number of appeals of projects in the Bonus Program and stated reason for appeal.
(d) Program Evaluation and Update.
(1) Purpose and Contents. Every five years, beginning five years from March 22, 2015, the Department shall prepare a Program Evaluation and Update. The Program Evaluation and Update shall include an analysis of the Bonus Programs’ effectiveness as it relates to City policy goals including, but not limited to Proposition K (November 2014) and the Housing Element. The Program Evaluation and Update shall include a review of all of the following:
(A) Target income levels for the HOME-SF Program in relation to market values and assessed affordable housing needs.
(B) Feasibility of the HOME-SF Program, in relation to housing policy goals, program production, and current market conditions.
(C) Requested and granted concessions and incentives, including consideration of whether the menu of zoning modification or concessions and incentives set forth in Section 206.3(d)(4), 206.4(c)(5) and 206.5(c)(4) respond to the needs of projects seeking approvals under the Bonus Programs; consideration of whether the elected zoning modifications or incentives and concessions result in a residential project that responds to the surrounding neighborhood context; and review and recommendation for additions or modifications to the list of zoning modifications or concessions and incentives in 206.3(d)(4), 206.4(c)(5) and 206.5(c)(4).
(D) Geography and neighborhood specific considerations. Review and analysis of where Bonus Program projects are proposed and approved, including an analysis of land values, zoning, height controls, and neighborhood support.
(2) Public Hearing. The Program Evaluation and Update shall be prepared no less than every five years, beginning five years from March 22, 2015, and may be completed as a series of reports and in coordination with ongoing monitoring of affordable housing policies, or feasibility analyses. The Planning Commission shall hold a hearing on the Program Evaluation and Update and any recommendations for modification to any of the Bonus Program.
(e) Program Expansion Report. The Board of Supervisors directs the Planning Department and MOHCD to research, analyze and provide recommendations for further density and development bonuses for 100% affordable or mixed-income developments. The Program Expan- sion Report shall be published within one year of March 22, 2015.
Renamed and redesignated as Sec. 206.8; divisions (a)-(e) amended; division (c)(3) added and former divisions (c)(3)-(7) redesignated (c)(4)- (8); divisions (d)(1)(A)-(B) added and former divisions (d)(1)(A)-(C) redesignated (d)(1)(C)-(E); former division (f) deleted; Ord. 116-17, Eff. 7/13/2017. Division (d)(1)(E) amended; Ord. 202-18, Eff. 9/10/2018.