Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The Director shall have the authority granted to certified unified program agencies by Health and Safety Code Section 25404(c)(1) to implement and enforce the provisions of the Hazardous Waste Control Act as set forth in California Health and Safety Code, Division 20, Chapter 6.5, and the minimum standards of management of hazardous waste as specified in Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations, Chapter 30, Division 4. The Director shall have the authority to carry out all duties imposed on certified unified program agencies with respect to regulation of hazardous waste, including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Conduct inspections as provided for in Health and Safety Code Sections 25185 and 25185.5, of any factory, plant, construction site, waste disposal site, transfer station, establishment or any other place or environment where hazardous wastes are stored, handled, processed, disposed of, or being treated to recover resources;
(2) Maintain records of compliance with the Hazardous Waste Control Act;
(3) Require hazardous waste generators as provided herein, to pay inspection and administration fees to cover the Department's costs of administering the provisions of this Article. Such fees may include but shall not be limited to the cost of inspection, document development and processing, recordkeeping, enforcement activities, and informational materials development and distribution;
(4) Issue authorizations for on-site treatment of hazardous waste to persons eligible to operate pursuant to permit-by-rule, conditional authorization or conditional exemption;
(5) Enforce against violations of the Hazardous Waste Control Act in accordance with Health and Safety Code, Division 20, Chapter 6.5, Article 8.
(Added by Ord. 193-90, App. 5/24/90; amended by Ord. 399-97, App. 10/17/97)