Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Department members shall be ineligible to perform supplemental law enforcement services under this Chapter 10A under the following circumstances:
(1) The Department member is regularly scheduled to work during the hours for which the supplemental law enforcement services are requested; or
(2) The Department member has used more than 20 hours of paid sick leave in the three months prior to the date of the request.
(b) For purposes of subsection (a), the calculation of hours of paid sick leave used by a Department member shall exclude:
(1) Leave for birth or adoption of a child;
(2) Bereavement Leave due to the death of a spouse/domestic partner, parent, child, or sibling. Bereavement Leave due to the death of a person not listed in this subsection (b)(2) shall be included;
(3) COVID-19 Sick Leave;
(4) Federal COVID-19 Sick Leave;
(5) Unpaid Leave;
(6) Unpaid Sick Leave;
(7) Disability Leave, provided that the Department member has filed a disability claim based on the disability. If that claim is denied, the calculation of paid sick leave shall be adjusted to exclude Disability Leave; and
(8) Paid Parental Leave.