(Added by Ord. No. 82,863, Eff. 7/7/40.)
(1) The word “overload” shall mean any vehicle or combination of vehicles exceeding as to height, width, length, size or weight of vehicle or load the limitations set forth in Division 15 of the “Vehicle Code” of California. (Amended by Ord. No. 123,538, Eff. 2/9/63.)
(2) The words “public utility” are used as defined in Section 62.82 of this Code.
(3) The phrase “Central Traffic District” is used as defined in Section 80.00 of this Code relating to traffic.
(4) “Public Street or Place” shall mean and include any highway, alley, roadway, road, bridge, place or way of whatever nature, publicly maintained and open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel. (Amended by Ord. No. 123,538, Eff. 2/9/63.)
(5) Whenever any word or phrase used hereinafter in this article is not defined herein, the definition in the “Vehicle Code” of California shall be deemed to apply.