Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Compare to:
   (Added by Ord. No. 148,167, Eff. 5/3/76.)
   The Department of Public Works may require a bond as a condition of a grading permit involving the import or export of more than 100 cubic yards of earth materials within a hillside area. Any such bond shall be in a form approved by the City Attorney, executed by the permittee and a corporate surety authorized to do business in this state in an amount sufficient to cover the cost of repair of any damage to the public streets and any public facilities therein and the cost of removal of any earth materials or other debris deposited therein, reasonably expected to result from the permittee’s operations. The conditions of the bond shall guarantee payment to the City for all costs and expense in repairing the damaged streets or other public facilities and the removal of any deposits of earth materials or other debris resulting from the permitted operations. In lieu of a surety bond, the permittee may file a cash bond with the Department upon the same terms and conditions and in an amount equal to that which would be required in the surety bond. The deposit submitted may be in the form of cash or negotiable United States securities. The term of such bond shall begin on the date of filing and shall remain in effect until the completion of the hauling operations and subsequent inspection of the affected public streets by the Department of Public Works.