(Added by Ord. No. 144,365, Eff. 4/5/73, Oper. 9/1/73.)
The following regulations shall apply to the C1.5 Limited Commercial Zone:
A. Use – No building, structure or land shall be used and no building or structure shall be erected, structurally altered, enlarged or maintained, except for the following uses, and when a “Supplemental Use District” is created by the provisions of Article 3 of this chapter, for such uses as may be permitted therein.
1. Any use permitted in the C1 Limited Commercial Zone, provided that all regulations and limitations of said C1 zone are complied with except as provided in this section. Any single-family dwelling, two-family dwelling or apartment house use permitted in the R4 Multiple Dwelling Zone provided that all regulations of said R4 zone are complied with except as provided in this section. (Amended by Ord. No. 156,994, Eff. 9/25/82.)
2. The following stores, shops, services or facilities when conducted in accordance with the limitations hereafter specified:
(a) Types of Uses:
(1) Addressograph service.
(2) Air conditioning equipment service.
(3) Appliance repair, household.
(5) Auditorium having a seating capacity for not more than 3,000 people.
(7) Baths, Turkish and the like.
(8) Blueprinting and photostating.
(9) Bootblack stand.
(10) Broadcasting studio, without transmitting towers.
(11) Building materials, retail.
(12) Burglar alarm business.
(13) Collection agency office.
(14) Department store.
(15) Employment agency or bureau.
(16) Exhibits, commercial or cultural.
(17) Export import business, with not more than 3,000 square feet of storage area.
(18) Frozen food store.
(19) Interior decorating store.
(20) Locksmith shop.
(21) Mimeographing service.
(22) Museum (for profit).
(24) Physical culture institution, reducing salon.
(25) Rubber or metal stamp store.
(26) Sound score production.
(27) Studio, except drama, dancing, music, and motion picture.
(28) Swimming pool, commercial.
(29) Telephone exchange.
(30) Theater, and showcase theater. (Amended by Ord. No. 148,910, Eff. 11/17/76.)
(31) Trading stamp business.
(32) Typewriter or adding machine repair.
(b) Limitations. (Amended by Ord. No. 156,924, Eff. 8/23/82.)
(1) All merchandise shall be sold at retail only;
(2) (Amended by Ord. No. 173,492, Eff. 10/10/00.) All merchandise sold shall be new, except merchandise which is sold incidental to the operation of a permitted repair shop; or unless the sale of used merchandise is authorized in an indoor swap meet pursuant to the provisions of Section 12.24 W.42.
(3) All activities, including storage, shall be conducted wholly within an enclosed building;
(4) All products produced, whether primary or incidental, shall be sold on the premises, and not more than five persons may be engaged in such production or in servicing of materials at the same time.
3. Golf course or club; not including miniature or pitch and putt courses, golf driving tees or ranges, and similar commercial golf uses.
4. Park, playground or recreational or community center, privately operated. (Amended by Ord. No. 145,250, Eff. 12/24/73.)
5. Parking buildings and all buildings containing automobile parking as primary or accessory uses. For the purposes of this section, all references to the “PB” Zone in Section 184.108.40.206 shall be deemed to mean the “C1.5” Zone and the requirements and restrictions applicable to the erection, alteration and maintenance of parking buildings and all buildings containing automobile parking as primary or accessory uses therein shall apply in the “C1.5” Zone. (Amended by Ord. No. 160,273, Eff. 9/16/85.)
6. Signs as permitted in the C1 Zone - Section 12.13 A.2.(b)(4).
7. Other uses similar to the above, as provided for in Section 12.21 A.2.
8. Uses (not involving open storage) customarily incident to any of the above uses, and accessory buildings, when located on the same lot.
9. Automobile parking space as required in Section 12.21 A.4., or as provided in connection with all uses permitted in this zone.
10. The conducting of any game of bingo pursuant to the provisions of Article 4.5 of Chapter IV of this Code. (Added by Ord. No. 153,620, Eff. 5/18/80.)
11. Hotels (including motels), apartment hotels or hostels when no portion of a structure proposed to be used as a hotel (including a motel), apartment hotel or hostel is located within 500 feet from any A or R zone. (Amended by Ord. No. 185,931, Eff. 7/1/19.)
12. (Deleted by Ord. No. 171,687, Eff. 8/19/97.)
13. (Deleted by Ord. No. 171,687, Eff. 8/19/97.)
B. Area – No building or structure nor the enlargement of any building or structure shall be erected or maintained unless the following yards, lot areas and loading spaces are provided and maintained in connection with such building, structure or enlargement.
1. Front Yard. There shall be a front yard of not less than 10 feet in depth.
2. Side and Rear Yards. Same as required in the C1 Zone. (Section 12.13 C.2. and 3.)
3. Lot Area. The lot areas requirements of the R4 Zone (Section 12.11 C.4.) shall apply to all portions of buildings erected and used for residential purposes.
C. Restriction. (Amended by Ord. No. 173,268, Eff. 7/1/00, Oper. 7/1/00.) For any lot designated as Public, Quasi-Public, Public/Quasi-Public Use, other Public, or Open Space on the land use map of the applicable community or district plan; any lot shown on the map as having existing lakes, waterways, reservoirs, debris basins, or similar facilities; any lot shown on the map as the location of a freeway right-of-way; and any property annexed to the City of Los Angeles where a plan amendment was not adopted as part of the annexation proceedings:
Any of the uses permitted by Subsection A. of this section shall require prior approval in accordance with the provisions of Section 12.24.1 of this Code.