(Added by Ord. No. 166,972, Eff. 6/30/91.)
The following regulations shall apply in the “PF” Public Facilities Zone:
A. Purpose. It is the purpose of the “PF” Public Facilities Zone to provide regulations for the use and development of publicly owned land in order to implement the City’s adopted General Plan, including, the circulation and service systems designations in the City’s adopted district and community plans, and other relevant General Plan elements, including the circulation, public recreation and service systems elements.
B. Use. The following regulations shall apply to publicly owned land classified in the “PF” Public Facilities Zone. No building, structure or land shall be used and no building or structure shall be erected, moved onto a site, structurally altered, enlarged or maintained, except for the following uses:
1. Farming and nurseries, under power transmission rights-of-way. (Amended by Ord. No. 181,188, Eff. 7/18/10.)
2. Public parking facilities located under freeway rights-of-way.
3. Fire stations and police stations.
4. Government buildings, structures, offices and service facilities including maintenance yards, provided, however, that those uses identified in Section 12.24 U.21. shall require conditional use approval pursuant to that section. (Amended by Ord. No. 173,492, Eff. 10/10/00.)
5. Public libraries not located inside public parks.
6. Post offices and related facilities.
7. Public health facilities, including clinics and hospitals.
8. Public elementary and secondary schools.
9. Any joint public and private development uses permitted in the most restrictive adjoining zones if approved by the Director utilizing the procedures described in Section 16.05 E. to H. The phrase “adjoining zones” refers to the zones on properties abutting, across the street or alley from or having a common corner with the subject property. If there are two or more different adjoining zones, then only the uses permitted by the most restrictive zone shall be permitted.
11. Any joint public and private development that is a Qualified Permanent Supportive Housing Project developed pursuant to Section 14.00 A.11. of this Code, utilizing the uses and standards permitted by the least restrictive adjoining zone. The phrase "adjoining zone" refers to the zone on properties abutting, across the street or alley from, or having a common corner with, the subject property. (Added by Ord. No. 185,492, Eff. 5/28/18.)