The following regulations shall apply in the “C4” Commercial Zone:
A. Use – No building, structure or land shall be used and no building or structure shall be erected, structurally altered, enlarged, or maintained except for the following uses, and when a “Supplemental Use District” is created by the provisions of Article 3 of this Chapter, for such uses as may be permitted therein:
2. (Amended by Ord. No. 158,741, Eff. 3/29/84.) Any use permitted in the C2 Zone, provided that all regulations and limitations of said C2 Commercial Zone are complied with, except:
(a) (Amended by Ord. No. 177,103, Eff. 12/18/05.) The following amusement enterprises:
(1) boxing arena;
(2) games of skill and science;
(3) merry-go-round, ferris wheel or carousel;
(4) penny arcade;
(5) shooting gallery;
(6) skating rink;
(7) Strip tease show. This use shall include an adult cabaret, as defined in Section 12.70 B. of this Code;
(8) billiard or pool hall;
(9) bowling alley;
(10) indoor swap meets, unless authorized pursuant to the provisions of Section 12.24 W.42.; and
(11) other similar uses, but not including the conducting of any game of bingo authorized pursuant to the provisions of Article 4.5 of Chapter IV of this Code.
(b) (Repealed by Ord. No. 178,382, Eff. 3/24/07.)
(c) Baseball or football stadium.
(d) Carpenter shop.
(e) Circus or amusement enterprises of a similar type, transient in character.
(f) Feed and fuel store.
(g) Hospital or sanitarium.
(h) Ice storage house.
(i) (Deleted by Ord. No. 171,756, Eff. 11/21/97.)
(k) (Deleted by Ord. No. 171,756, Eff. 11/21/97.)
(l) Plumbing or sheet metal shop.
(m) Pony riding ring.
(n) Public services, including electric distributing substation
(o) Second hand store.
(p) Gymnasiums, health clubs and other similar uses. (Amended by Ord. No. 177,103, Eff. 12/18/05.)
(q) Public auctions, except those ordered by a Court of competent jurisdiction.
This ordinance is constitutional.
People v. Feigenbaum, CR A 2704; 2791.
(r) Other uses similar to those hereby excepted, as determined by the Administrator.
(t) (Repealed by Ord. No. 178,382, Eff. 3/24/07.)
(u) (Repealed by Ord. No. 178,382, Eff. 3/24/07.)
B. Restriction. (Amended by Ord. No. 173,268, Eff. 7/1/00, Oper. 7/1/00.) For any lot designated as Public, Quasi-Public, Public/Quasi-Public Use, Other Public, or Open Space on the land use map of the applicable community or district plan; any lot shown on those maps as having existing lakes, waterways, reservoirs, debris basins, or similar facilities; any lot shown on those maps as the location of a freeway right-of-way; and any property annexed to the City of Los Angeles where a plan amendment was not adopted as part of the annexation proceedings:
Any of the uses permitted by Subsection A of this section shall require prior approval in accordance with the provisions of Section 12.24.1 of this Code.
C. Area. (Amended by Ord. No. 148,783, Eff. 10/13/76.) – No building or structure nor the enlargement of any building or structure shall be hereafter erected or maintained unless the following yards, lot areas and loading spaces are provided and maintained in connection with such building, structure or enlargement.
1. Front Yard. Not required.
2. Side and Rear Yards. Not required for buildings erected and used exclusively for commercial purposes.
For all portions of buildings erected and used for residential purposes, side and rear yards conforming to the requirements of the R4 Zone (Section 12.11-C,2 and 3) shall be provided and maintained at the floor level of the first story used for residential purposes.
3. Lot Area. The lot area requirements of the R4 Zone (Section 12.11-C,4) shall apply to all portions of buildings erected and used for residential purposes. (Amended by Ord. No. 148,783, Eff. 10/13/76.)