(Title and Section Amended by Ord. No. 182,607, Eff. 8/6/13.)
(A) Short Title. This ordinance shall be known as the City of Los Angeles Safer Sex in the Adult Film Industry Act.
(B) Use of Condoms in the Making of Films Involving Exposure to Blood Borne Pathogens.
(1) For purposes of this Section, an "Adult Film" is defined as any film, video, multimedia or other representation made for commercial purposes of sexual intercourse in which performers actually engage in oral, vaginal, or anal penetration, including but not limited to, penetration by a penis, finger, or inanimate object; oral contact with the anus or genitals of another performer; and/or any other sexual activity that may result in the transmission of blood and/or any other potentially infectious materials as defined in California Code of Regulations, Title 8, Section 5193(b).
(2) For purposes of this Section, "Producer" is defined as any person or entity that produces, finances, or directs any Adult Film.
(3) For purposes of this Section, "Filmed" and "Filming" are defined as the recording of any Adult Film.
(4) No film permit issued under the authority of the City of Los Angeles or the Los Angeles Police Department pursuant to Section 12.22 A.13. of this Code or any other law authorizing the issuance of permits for commercial filming for the production of any Adult Film shall issue unless the Producer of such film provides proof of a public health permit obtained pursuant to Title 11 of Los Angeles County Code, Sections 11.39.005, et al.
(5) Any film permit issued under the authority of the City of Los Angeles or the Los Angeles Police Department pursuant to Section 12.22 A.13. of this Code or any other law authorizing the issuance of permits for commercial filming for the production of any film must expressly condition said permit on compliance with subsection (4) of this section. Any such permit shall reference this Section and contain the following language: "Permitee must abide by all applicable workplace health and safety regulations, including California Code of Regulations Title 8, Section 5193, which mandates barrier protection, including condoms, to shield performers from contact with blood or other potentially infectious material during the production of films."
(6) The City may charge, or may direct any other person or entity contracting with the City to administer the film permitting process to charge, entertainment industry customers seeking film permits for the production of adult films a fee sufficient to facilitate compliance with, and enforcement of, this section.