Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Intent. The S-1 district is intended to provide a well-planned area for larger institutional buildings that can act as a good transition to commercial or industrial areas. The institutional forms and uses may include schools and places of worship. Health and human service facilities, halfway houses, drug or alcohol rehabilitation clinics, prisons, and temporary emergency shelters are also allowed within the S-1 district, but additional transitions and conditions may be required to allow for appropriate transitions to residential areas.
(b) Forms allowed in this district are as follows:
(1) Primary Form: business and community facilities —community service (BCF2).
(2) Primary Form: business and community facilities —large (BCF3).
(3) Form: business and community facilities —small (BCF1).
(4) Form: limited retail employment (RE1).
(5) Form: neighborhood facilities (NF1).
(6) Form: neighborhood residential facilities (NF2).
(7) Form: basic utilities (UT1).
(8) Form: tower utilities (UT2).
(Ord. 9-13, passed 3-19-2013; Ord. 37-19, passed 4-2-2019)