Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Intent. The S-2 district is established to provide for coordinated growth of the major institutions such as hospitals and college campuses. These institutions provide needed health, educational, and other services to the citizens of Sioux Falls and the region. The institutions also contribute to employment opportunities and to the overall diversification of the city's economy. If not properly planned, major institutions can have negative impacts such as traffic, loss of housing, and incompatible development. The S-2 planned unit development requires an initial development plan with significant community involvement in the development, monitoring, implementation, and amendment including neighborhood meetings before initial development plans are approved or amended.
(b) Forms allowed in this district are as follows:
(1) Primary Form: business and community facilities —large (BCF3).
(2) Form: business and community facilities —community service (BCF2).
(3) Form: business and community facilities —small (BCF1).
(4) Form: multiple dwelling—medium (MD2).
(5) Form: multiple dwelling—small (MD1).
(6) Form: limited retail employment (RE1).
(7) Form: streetcar retail employment (RE2).
(8) Form: parking-oriented retail employment (RE3).
(9) Form: attached dwelling—suburban twin home/duplex (AD1).
(10) Form: attached dwelling—suburban four-unit townhome (AD2).
(11) Form: attached dwelling—suburban eight-unit townhome (AD3).
(12) Form: attached dwelling—traditional eight-unit townhome (AD4).
(13) Form: neighborhood facilities—(NF1).
(14) Form: neighborhood residential facilities—(NF2).
(15) Form: basic utilities (UT1).
(16) Form: tower utilities (UT2).
(Ord. 9-13, passed 3-19-2013; Ord. 37-19, passed 4-2-2019)