Skip to code content (skip section selection)
In order to determine the suitability of alternate materials or alternate types or methods of construction and of installation of building service equipment under the provisions of the Building Safety Administrative Code, building, electrical, fire, light pollution, mechanical, plumbing, solar system and spa/pool codes of the city, and to provide for reasonable interpretations of the provisions of such codes and the address numbering and dangerous buildings codes, there shall be, and there is hereby created a board of appeals consisting of seven (7) members who shall be selected upon the following qualifications:
(1) An architect duly licensed in the State of Arizona;
(2) A professional engineer duly licensed in the State of Arizona;
(3) A general contractor duly licensed in the State of Arizona;
(4) A person representing the consuming public;
(5) A person engaged in the electrical, mechanical or plumbing trade;
(6) Two (2) persons who may be engaged in the construction and design industry.
The board of appeals members shall be appointed by the mayor and council, shall serve without compensation, and shall hold office and be subject to removal therefrom as provided in article XIII of chapter 10A of the Tucson Code. The board of appeals shall recommend an individual to serve as the representative of the consuming public.
(Code 1953, ch. 9, § 1; Ord. No. 2354, § 1, 10-15-62; Ord. No. 4543, § 1, 9-27-76; Ord. No. 4764, § 1, 2-21-78; Ord. No. 6159, § 1, 1-21-85; Ord. No. 7176, § 1, 4-24-89)
Cross References: Provisions pertaining to boards, ch. XXIV.