Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The particular Model Construction Codes listed below (with revisions as may be hereinafter set forth) are hereby adopted and incorporated in this code of ordinances, as fully as if set out at length herein, for the purposes of establishing rules and regulations for the following activities carried on within the corporate limits of the city:
1. Building Code. The construction, alteration, removal, demolition, equipment, use, occupancy, location and maintenance of buildings and structures:
a. IPMC International Property Maintenance Code 2009, for regulating and governing the conditions and maintenance of all property, buildings and structures; by providing the standards for supplied utilities and facilities and other physical things and conditions essential to ensure that structures are safe, sanitary and fit for occupation and use; and the condemnation of buildings and structures unfit for human occupancy and use, and the demolition of such existing structures as herein provided for the insurance of permits and collection of fees therefor; and each and all of the regulations, provisions, penalties, conditions and terms of said Property Maintenance Code on file in the city are hereby referred to, adopted and made a part of thereof, as if fully set out in this subsection 1., with the additions, insertions, deletions and changes, if any, prescribed of this subsection 1.
b. IEBC International Existing Building Code 2009 for regulating and governing the repair, alteration, change of occupancy, addition and relocation of existing buildings, including historic buildings, as herein provided; providing for the issuance of permits and collections of fees therefor; and each and all of the regulations, provisions, penalties, conditions and terms of said Existing Building Code on file the office of the city and hereby referred to adopted, and made a part hereof, as if fully set out in this subsection 1., with the additions, insertions, deletions and changes, if any prescribed of this subsection 1.
2. Plumbing Code. The installation or alteration of plumbing and drainage systems for buildings and structures: International Plumbing Code (recommended by International Code Council Inc.), 2006 Edition;
3. Electrical Code. The provisions of basic standards for the installation or alteration of the electrical supply or equipment for buildings or structures: National Electrical Code (recommended by the National Fire Protection Association), 2008 Edition;
4. Housing Code. The provision of basic, minimum housing standards for the preservation of the health, safety and welfare of occupants of existing structures: Basic Housing and Property Maintenance Code (recommended by Building Officials and Code Administrators International - BOCA), 1996 Edition;
5. Fire Prevention Code. The provision of basic safeguards to life and property from the hazards of fire and explosion: International Fire Code (recommended by International Code Council, Inc.), 2006 Edition;
6. Gas Codes. The installation or alteration of gas systems for buildings or structures: International Fuel and Gas Code (recommended by the International Code Council), 2006 Edition;
7. Energy Conservation Code. The provision of basic standards for energy conservation in building and structures: International Energy Conservation Code (recommended by International Code Council, Inc.), 2006 Edition; and
8. Mechanical Code. The provision of basic standards for mechanical installations in buildings and structures: International Mechanical Code (recommended by International Code Council, Inc.), 2000 Edition.
(Ord. 12-02, passed 2-6-2012; Ord. 1402, passed 2-10-2014)