Skip to code content (skip section selection)
In order to accomplish its purposes, this article uses the following methods:
1. Restrict or prohibit uses that are dangerous to health, safety or property in times of flood, or cause excessive increases in flood heights or velocities;
2. Require that uses vulnerable to floods, including facilities which serve such uses, be protected against flood damage at the time of initial construction;
3. Control the alteration of natural floodplains, stream channels and natural protective barriers, which are involved in the accommodation of flood waters;
4. Control filling, grading, dredging and other development which may increase flood damage; and
5. Prevent or regulate the construction of flood barriers which will unnaturally divert floodwaters of which may increase flood hazards to other lands.