Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following uses shall be a principal use when a building or premises is the primary or predominant use of any lot:
(a) Permitted. A building or premises shall be permitted to be used for the following purposes as an RE6 form:
(1) Permitted: General retail and services.
(2) Permitted: Office.
(3) Permitted: Recreational facility, private
(4) Permitted: Cultural facility.
(5) Permitted: Places of worship.
(6) Permitted: College, university, or post high school.
(7) Permitted: Public service facility.
(8) Permitted: Dwelling(s) above the street level story.
(9) Permitted: Assisted living facilities.
(b) Permitted special uses. The following principal uses include the same additional restrictions for all listed uses below. A conditional use with standards within §§ 160.605 et seq. (Conditional Use) may be obtained when the standards for a permitted special use cannot be obtained.
(1) Off-sale alcoholic beverage establish- ment subject to a safety management plan and alcohol license.
(2) On-sale alcoholic beverage establishment subject to a safety management plan and alcohol license.
(3) Full-service restaurant subject to a safety management plan and alcohol license.
(4) Adult use.
A. 1,000 feet from schools, parks, places of worship, arcades, and all residential forms.
B. 1,000 feet separation of sexually- oriented businesses from each other.
C. No part of the interior of the sexually-oriented business shall be visible from any pedestrian sidewalk, walkway, street, or other public or semipublic area.
D. Posting of a sign at the entrance that shall state the nature of the business.
(5) Day care center.
A. Adequate and safe playground with sufficient green areas.
B. Safe and convenient access to the day care.
(6) Funeral establishment and/or mortuary placed beyond 300 feet from any DD, AD, or MD forms.
(7) Live/work units.
A. No more than two persons other than the resident of the dwelling may be employed.
B. No more than 25% of the area of the home, or a garage (or portion thereof) that does not displace any required parking, or a detached accessory structure.
C. Customer visits and deliveries shall be limited to the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and shall not occur during state and federal holidays.
D. Not more than eight customers or clients shall be allowed to visit the dwelling for any service or product during any one day nor more than four customers or clients at any one time.
E. No outdoor storage of materials or equipment related to the business activity shall be permitted. No outdoor activity related to the business activity shall be permitted.
F. Only work activities allowed are those allowed by an RE6 form.
(c) Conditional uses. A building or premises may be used for the following purposes as an RE6 form if the conditional use permit for such use has been obtained in conformance with the below standards and requirements of §§ 160.605 et seq. (Conditional Use):
(1) Temporary or emergency shelter or human service facility.
(2) Dwelling, multiple-family on the street level story.
(Ord. 9-13, passed 3-19-2013; Ord. 22-15, passed 3-3-2015; Ord. 37-19, passed 4-2-2019)