Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Clerk-Treasurer, with the prior written approval of the board having jurisdiction over the allowance of claims, may pay the following claims in advance of board allowance:
(1) Property or services purchased or leased from the United States government, its agencies, or its political subdivisions;
(2) License or permit fees;
(3) Insurance premiums;
(4) Utility payments or utility connection charges;
(5) General grant programs where advance funding is not prohibited and the contracting party posts sufficient security to cover the amount advanced;
(6) Grants of state funds authorized by statute;
(7) Maintenance or service agreements;
(8) Leases or rental agreements;
(9) Bond or coupon payments;
(10) Payroll; or
(11) State, federal or county taxes.
(B) The city legislative body or the city board having jurisdiction over the allowance of the claim shall review and allow the claim at its next regular or special meeting following the preapproved payment of the expense.
(Ord. 1992-19, passed 7-7-92)