Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The governing body may contract with any competent agency for the performance by such agency of such technical services in connection with the establishment of the personnel system or with its operations as may be desired. Said contract may include the delegation to such an agency of the duties herein imposed upon the City Manager, but shall not include the delegation of the powers and duties herein vested in the governing body.
(B) The governing body may contract with any qualified person or agency for the performance of the following responsibilities and duties:
(1) The preparation of personnel rules and regulations and subsequent revisions and amendments thereof;
(2) The preparation of a position classification plan and subsequent revisions and amendments thereof;
(3) The preparation of a compensation plan and subsequent revisions and amendments thereof;
(4) The preparation, conduct and grading of competitive examinations; and
(5) Special and technical service of advisory or informational character on matters relating to personnel administration.
(1994 Code, § 4-222) (Ord. 407, passed 11-25-1985)