Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The location and width of all streets shall conform to the Arterial Roadway Network Plan. The minimum width of a street right-of-way (R-O-W) shall be not less than the following:
(1) Major arterial 110-210 feet R-O-W
(2) Minor arterial 80-100 feet R-O-W
(3) Collector street 60 feet R-O-W
(4) Local street 60 feet R-O-W
(5) Alley 20 feet R-O-W
(6) Existing township highway 80 feet R-O-W
(B) Additional rights-of-way may be required for drainage, slope, maintenance or other reasons not directly related to street classification. The minimum ROW radius in cul-de-sacs and corner “elbows” will be 60 feet as shown on Appendix 8 and 9 respectively.
(C) For subdivisions that adjoin existing streets, additional rights-of-way shall be dedicated, as needed, to meet the above requirements. This shall be done as follows:
(1) The entire additional right-of-way shall be provided when the subdivision is located on both sides of the existing street.
(2) One-half of the required right-of-way shall be provided when the subdivision is located on only one side of the existing street. However, in no case shall the resulting right-of-way width be less than 50 feet.
(Ord. 94-01, passed 1-25-94; Am. Ord. 10-01, passed 1-12-10)