Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The disability awareness and accessibility review board shall act as an advisory body to the mayor and city council on disability awareness and universal accessibility matters.
(b) Its duties may include:
(1) Public education to heighten the awareness of barriers for people with disabilities, and the role, function and activities of the disability awareness and accessibility review board;
(2) Organize public awareness activities;
(3) Develop recommendations on the future role of the disability awareness and accessibility review board;
(4) Monitor the progress of the city transition plan and self-evaluation plan, and make recommendations, as needed, in prioritizing the resolution of access issues;
(5) Survey city buildings, programs and services for potential accessibility problems, and recommend to the mayor proposed resolutions of these problems in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act;
(6) Encourage the incorporation of universal access into the design of city facilities; and
(7) Advise other public or private entities on disability awareness and universal access issues where it appears the board can make a positive contribution to resolution of the issues in the city.
(Ord. 40-20, passed 4-15-2020)